SMS Compliance Requirements / Pricing Changes
Dear valued clients and partners,
Starting on March 1, 2022, new FCC regulations will go into place to help increase deliverability of legitimate SMS marketing campaigns and screen out bad actors from jading consumers with unwanted spam.
While this regulation is ultimately good for us and our clients, there are unfortunately a few required steps to register your traffic in order to continue using SMS on local long codes after March 1. Any unregistered outbound local long code traffic (local phone numbers sending SMS) must be blocked and sent from Toll-Free Numbers instead. Inbound SMS traffic will be unaffected.
If you wish to register your traffic ASAP in advance of March 1 to prevent even temporary disruption (estimated 15 min):
- Click here and enable the “A2P SMS Early Registration” option to pay the ONE-TIME $100 activation fee (you will also begin paying recurring $15 on your monthly billing cycle).
- Once enabled, you MUST fill out the “Carrier Registration Info” and “SMS Campaign Registration” forms found in Ricochet under Configuration > Company Info. Once submitted, it will take 2-5 business days for the carrier to review and approve your registration.
- Note for Spam Guru users: If your Business Registration is already Carrier Approved, then you only need to complete the SMS Regsitration portion.
- Once approved, you will automatically find local long code options restored to your account. Please note that some numbers may become registered before others and will become available as they are confirmed by the carrier.
If you do NOT wish to be automatically enrolled for registration of your local long code traffic and would prefer to send all SMS traffic through Toll Free Numbers (estimated 30s):
- Opt-out of enrollment by clicking here and enabling the OPT-OUT option toggle.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or undue stress this timeline may impose. We would be happy to address any questions or concerns you may have in the meantime if you give us a call at (888) 579-9559 or submit a ticket via the help widget.
Thank you for choosing Ricochet360,
The Ricochet360 Team